Credit Score Estimator
How to estimate your credit score
By answering eight simple questions, we can guess your likely credit score range: Excellent, Good, Fair, Limited, or Bad. Although this doesn’t replace tracking your actual credit score, it can provide quick estimate if you don’t want to create an account at a monitoring site right now.
There are several reasons why you want to understand your creditworthiness before you apply for a loan or credit card:
- If your credit isn’t strong enough to qualify for the product you choose, your application will be declined. This isn’t only disappointing, but it may further reduce your credit score temporarily.
- If your credit score is better than you think, you may be able to save money by applying for a product with better terms designed for applications with good credit.
- Knowing your credit level helps you compare the products for which you’re more likely to qualify.
Credit Score EstimatorEstimate your credit score in about 30 seconds. Just answer a few simple questions about your past credit usage:
How our estimator works
Our Credit Score Estimator is just that—an estimator. Your actual credit score changes almost daily. Using our knowledge of the credit scoring process, we created this tool to provide a sound estimate of your credit level based upon a few simple questions. Some of the biggest factors in your credit score are:
- How long you’ve had credit accounts open
- Your payment history on those accounts
- The balances on those accounts
- Negative events, like collections or bankruptcy
- Recent credit applications
So give our Credit Score Estimator a try, then see recommended credit cards for your estimated score range.
Important! Issuing banks use many factors in making the decision to extend credit. Nothing here indicates a guarantee of credit approval with our bank partners.